Before we celebrate with presents, let’s celebrate God’s presence. Christmas celebrates that God Is With Us. Christ brings hope. Come and hear why at our Christmas Eve worship gathering.
Christmas Eve @ 6:00 p.m.
Let us know you’re coming and we’ll send you a map.
**Invite your friends and family to share the hope and joy of Christmas too.***
We will soon be developing a new series of short films that we hope will address the questions that you or your friends have about the Christian faith. Will you help us to do that well? We don’t want to answer questions that nobody’s really asking. So what are the questions that keep you from jumping all-in to the Christian faith? What are the questions you have (or perhaps you’ve heard other people ask) that keep people from fully following Jesus?
We may not have all the answers, but at least we can join the conversation.
Here are some questions we think are relevant:
1. Why is Christianity so exclusive? Is Jesus the only way to God?
2. If God is supposed to be so “good,” then why does God allow such bad things to happen?
3. If we really have wronged God, can’t he just forgive us? What’s the point of Jesus dying on the cross “for my sins?” How does the cross “work?”
4. What’s the point of all this? Is it all just about going to heaven when we die? Is there something more to Christianity that I might have missed?
5. Why can’t Christians just keep their mouths shut? Can’t their religion just be personal and private?
6. What does it really mean to be a “follower of Jesus?” Because I’ve met some pretty messed up “Christians.” What does it mean to be a Christian in your perspective?
7. Reading the Bible is boring and confusing to me. Is there a better way to read the Bible?
8. I’ve tried praying, but don’t really know if it is “working.” How should I pray?
9. Is God really active in my life? Is he trying to guide me? If so, how does God guide people?
What are your questions?
Do you have others to add? What questions listed above would you change? Thanks for your help.
[Photo by Duncan Hull.]
Another Seeds Group is in the books! After going through the Alpha Course together, guests are reporting answered questions, strengthened faith, new friendships, and a new-found sense of peace. Thanks to all who helped make this Seeds Group a success – including cooks, hosts, baby-sitters, and more! We couldn’t do it without all of you!
If you haven’t yet been in a Seeds Group, don’t worry, we’ll host another one in the near future. If you have attended one, the next step is a “Roots Group” where we’ll discuss what Grassroots Church is all about.
Check out more stories from other former Alpha guests on our YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/GrassrootsPearland
Another Roots Group is about to begin! On Thursday, April 4, we’ll host a 3-week group on what being a part of Grassroots Church is all about. We’ll discuss how we hope “to help isolated individuals grow together into rooted and reproducing disciples.” We’d love for you to explore this church with us. Dinner starts at 6:30. Let us know that you’re coming by filling out the form below so we can send you directions and answer any questions you have.