Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the basics of the Christian faith. Each week’s short film looks at a different question around faith and is designed to create conversation.
Alpha is run all around the globe, and everyone is welcome. Each session lasts 2 hours and includes dinner. The entire course (including dinner) is free of charge. Children are welcome to attend with their parents.
On Sunday, June 12 at 10:15 a.m. Grassroots Church will host the introductory film in our Sunday worship service. You are invited to attend this service to see if Alpha is right for you. Whether or not you attend the introductory film, you can attend the midweek Alpha Film Series.
Three Grassroots Groups are running the Alpha Film Series this Summer. Choose which day/time works best for you.
Mondays at 6:00 in East Pearland/Friendswood (June 13 – August 15)
Mondays at 6:30 in Central Pearland (June 13 – August 15)
Wednesdays at 6:30 in League City (June 15 – August 17)
Alpha is a chance to explore and question the meaning of life. Over a series of ten sessions, you’ll find out about the basics of the Christian faith. Each session involves dinner, a video, and some time to say what you think. It’s fun, relaxed, and free. And you can ask anything you like. (That’s why over 24 million people worldwide have already tried Alpha.)
Mondays at 6:00 or Thursdays at 6:30
Starts April 6 or April 9
(Dinner is included, kids are welcome)
We will soon be developing a new series of short films that we hope will address the questions that you or your friends have about the Christian faith. Will you help us to do that well? We don’t want to answer questions that nobody’s really asking. So what are the questions that keep you from jumping all-in to the Christian faith? What are the questions you have (or perhaps you’ve heard other people ask) that keep people from fully following Jesus?
We may not have all the answers, but at least we can join the conversation.
Here are some questions we think are relevant:
1. Why is Christianity so exclusive? Is Jesus the only way to God?
2. If God is supposed to be so “good,” then why does God allow such bad things to happen?
3. If we really have wronged God, can’t he just forgive us? What’s the point of Jesus dying on the cross “for my sins?” How does the cross “work?”
4. What’s the point of all this? Is it all just about going to heaven when we die? Is there something more to Christianity that I might have missed?
5. Why can’t Christians just keep their mouths shut? Can’t their religion just be personal and private?
6. What does it really mean to be a “follower of Jesus?” Because I’ve met some pretty messed up “Christians.” What does it mean to be a Christian in your perspective?
7. Reading the Bible is boring and confusing to me. Is there a better way to read the Bible?
8. I’ve tried praying, but don’t really know if it is “working.” How should I pray?
9. Is God really active in my life? Is he trying to guide me? If so, how does God guide people?
What are your questions?
Do you have others to add? What questions listed above would you change? Thanks for your help.
Another Seeds Group is in the books! After going through the Alpha Course together, guests are reporting answered questions, strengthened faith, new friendships, and a new-found sense of peace. Thanks to all who helped make this Seeds Group a success – including cooks, hosts, baby-sitters, and more! We couldn’t do it without all of you!
If you haven’t yet been in a Seeds Group, don’t worry, we’ll host another one in the near future. If you have attended one, the next step is a “Roots Group” where we’ll discuss what Grassroots Church is all about.